Wednesday, December 18, 2013

DIY Wrapping Paper/ Gift Wrap

Each year for Christmas I to get the girls involved in getting things ready as much as possible.

One thing I love to get them to help with is decorating wrapping paper.  Its such an easy project and I love how rustic it can be.  These photos were taken the very first year I decided to start this tradition (Chloe was almost 3).

Supplies:
All you need is some plain paper in your colour choice (I chose brown),
A ink pad in your colour choice (I typically choose black or silver but white would look fantastic too- the colour is totally up to you!)
some clear rubber stamps in theme of choice - we chose Christmas (the clear ones are best because you can reposition them on the block and more easily see the paper so as not to get an overlap)


Directions:
Simply randomly position the rummer stamps on your block as desired.
Ink up the stamps.  Depending on the age of the children you may like to ink the stamps for them.
Unroll the wrapping paper to give enough space to stamp and let the Children randomly stamp away on the wrapping paper.  When you have enough let dry and use to wrap your gifts.

Hope you are having a wonderful lead up to Christmas!


1 comment:

Krystal said...

Great ideas I love the concept that kids can do this also and will be treasured for years to come.

Pinterest link